Monday, July 23, 2007

Big Project

So today was my first big project due date. Going into this weekend, I was feeling pretty good about my time. I figured I would be able to be completely finished by late Sunday night. Unfortuately, that was not the case. I was up until 2 sunday night, and then I woke up at 7 this morning to finish it. It amazes me sometimes how long it takes me to do things. I have been doing sketches and flats for about 2 years now and I still underestimate the time it takes to complete an assignment. At least I'll know next time that I need a lot longer than I thought. We also had a critique on our project, which was to come up with a sportswear(which are just regular everyday clothes) collection for a given store or designer. I was extremely self conscious about my project because it was put together very quickly and not as good as the rest of the class. It didn't go as badly as I thought it would, but it wasn't great either. The next project will have to be much better, which hopefully now that I have an idea of what I need to do and how to plan my time, will be.

I think part of my problem was that I was jealous of some of my roommates. They were at the shore this weekend, and it was such a beautiful weekend to be there. I really want a nice day at the beach. I think that will definitely help me through this summer.

On a good note though, my roommates and I got tickets to the Maroon 5 concert, which happens to be 2 days after my 21st birthday. Needless to say, I am incredibly excited. It will be a lot of fun, and I'll be ready for it after this summer is over.

No comments: